Ross Teacher Academy is devoted to supporting teachers as professionals and offers comprehensive online and onsite training in the Ross Learning System, including the Spiral Curriculum. Comprising a network of mentors, scholars, and master teachers, Ross Teacher Academy provides professional resources and consulting services in a variety of formats for educators, educational leaders, and policy makers at both new and established schools across the globe. Offering study tours, workshops, video conferences and on-site consulting to devise customized solutions, Ross Teacher Academy also provides training and certification for individual teachers interested in the Ross Learning System.
- Creating Core Values and an Empathetic School Culture
- Developing Critical and Creative Thinking Through Media Studies
- Documenting Student Learning
- Early Childhood Education for the Global Era
- Educating Future Generations About Climate Change and Sustainability
- Global Education Toolkit: Field Academy
- Global Education Toolkit: Making Sense of Critical World Issues and Events
- Global Education Toolkit: Senior Project
- Innovation Lab @Ross: Innovative, Integrated Science and Mathematics
- Interdisciplinary Teaching and Learning
- Mindful Practices: Integrating Wellness Throughout the Curriculum
- Teaching Through Multiple Intelligences
- Teaching with Art and Artifact
The Sustainability thread of the Ross Spiral Curriculum uncovers the increasing complexity of human interaction with the natural environment by engaging students in an exploration of cultural ecology, the study of cultural history in the context of natural systems. As case studies from the Ross Curriculum demonstrate, systems thinking enables students to understand the complexity of sustainability issues, both historical and contemporary, from global perspective. Participants in this course identify a sustainability concern in the local community and apply systems thinking as well as the Ross Framework for Action to design an Integrated Project that engages students in learning about the issue and responding through informed action.