Ross School Junior Varsity Girls and Varsity Boys Basketball teams swept visiting Knox School on January 11 and 12. The girls won 41–22, with 15 points scored by Kendall Scala, 12 by Asako Saito, and 10 by Yvonne Zhang. Liza Marinokha had 12 rebounds.
The varsity boys team posted a 66–33 victory, led by Leo Cheng with 25 points, Jiahui Guo with 20, and Dan Okin with 11.
“We wrapped up a very successful fall athletics season and have definitely carried this momentum into the winter lineup,” says Howard Brown, Athletics director at Ross School.
Fall Season Highlights
- Boys Junior Varsity Soccer was undefeated (7–0).
- Girls Junior Varsity Volleyball recorded six victories.
- Sailing crew placed second and third at two of three regattas.
- Girls Cross Country runner Danielle Eyles was second team all-league and teammate Nicole Betuel was a state qualifier.
- Girls Varsity Tennis qualified for the county quarterfinals.
- Boys Golf teammate Jack Boyland was all-league and qualified for the county tournament.